Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just rambling

Hello,

My name is Ben, I live in Oklahoma and I love fishing. I didn't say I was good at it. But I do love it.

I have spent many days without a bite. And several with the fish jumping on the fly/lure. I have been fishing for 4 + years now and still consider myself a novice. So some of the posts you see here will be really basic stuff, but if it is interesting or new to me, it will probably end up here.

I don't limit myself to one type of fishing (although maybe I should.) I enjoy fly fishing, bass fishing and even cat fishing. It depends on the body of water that I am near. I live within 10 minutes of a lake, 3 rivers, and many ponds and creeks. For the smaller water, I usually take my fly rod. For the lake and rivers I use the bass rods.

But if I had to state a preference, it would be for the fly rod. It doesn't look 'pretty' when I cast it, but I am fairly acurate and it catches everything that swims. I have caught pan fish, bass, carp, trout, and cat fish on it. And the fight factor from the limber rod is great.

A two pound bass on my bass rod (mh 6 1/2' falcon rod/shamano curado reel) doesn't put up much fight. It is pretty much a short reel to the boat. But that same fish on my 6 wt fly rod is a huge fight. Even large pan fish and crappie are great fights. So maybe I'm not a fisherman, but a fish fighter...

Anyway. That is the first post....just me rambling. Maybe the next ones will make more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment